SUMIF on Fill color

  1. #1
    Dave H
    Guest

    SUMIF on Fill color

    Is it possible to use SUMIF or similar to sum cells where the Fill Color is
    Yellow for instance ??

    IE something along the lines of =SUMIF(C3:C15),"FillColor=Yellow",C3:C15)

    At present I'm getting along by adding a separate column which has an
    asterisk in it and using that as the basis for the SUMIF, but I'd rather
    just change the cell colour to select the amounts I'm interested in.

    Thanks Dave H.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: SUMIF on Fill color

    See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html

    Bob Phillips

    news:%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Dave H
    Guest

    Re: SUMIF on Fill color

    > See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html
    >
    > --
    > HTH
    >
    > Bob Phillips

    Thanks Bob,

    Works like a charm - any idea on making it update dynamically on change of
    cell colour ? As it stands I have to activate the cell with the formula and
    click in the formula bar to make it update. Tried F9 but no luck.

    Cheers Dave.

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: SUMIF on Fill color

    It cannot be fully dynamic Dave as the cell colour change does not trigger
    the recalc.

    You can make it respond to F9 by adding

    Application.Volatile

    at the start of the Colorindex function.

  5. #5
    Dave H
    Guest

    Re: SUMIF on Fill color

    > It cannot be fully dynamic Dave as the cell colour change does not trigger
    > the recalc.
    >
    > You can make it respond to F9 by adding
    >
    > Application.Volatile
    >
    > at the start of the Colorindex function.
    >
    > --
    > HTH
    >
    > Bob Phillips

    Ah that's better - ta Bob.