Calculting SUM of cells with IF functions inside

  1. #1
    Mihca
    Guest

    Calculting SUM of cells with IF functions inside

    I have a bunch of cells with IF functions inside to give me a dollar amount
    based on the employees age. My IF functions are working properly. However,
    when I try to insert a SUM function at the bottom to get the total cost, I
    get a 0. Why won't it total my columns just because there's an IF function
    in each cell?

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: Calculting SUM of cells with IF functions inside

    Hi!

    It sounds like your IF formulas may be returning text or the cells that the
    formulas are in are formatted as text.

    What does a typical IF formula look like?

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...