Pivot table page filter not accepting multiple values. Workaround?

  1. #1
    jco
    Guest

    Pivot table page filter not accepting multiple values. Workaround?

    I am trying to make a pivot table where I need to filter the data by the
    values in a certain data field ("field 1"). I need to allow records with
    either "this or this or this" value in the field 1. The problem is that the
    pivot table page filter only allows for one single value to be chosen.

    I do not want the field 1 to be shown in the column fields (where it
    otherwise would be possible to chose multiple values), since I am not
    interested to get the data grouped by the value in field 1 and since I am
    also making a pivot chart where the field 1 will blur up the picture.

    Any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Debra Dalgleish
    Guest

    Re: Pivot table page filter not accepting multiple values. Workaround?

    Double-click on the page field button
    In the Hide list, select the items you don't want displayed
    Click OK
    It will display (Multiple Items) instead of (All)

    Or, drag the page field to the row area
    Select the items you want to filter for, and deselect the rest
    Drag the field back to the page area.

    --
    Debra Dalgleish
    Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

  3. #3
    jco
    Guest

    Re: Pivot table page filter not accepting multiple values. Workaro

    Thanks very much, Debra!

    That was quite simple, - when you know it :-).

    Maybe someone should give Microsoft a hint that the logic here could
    preferrably follow the logic in the columns/rows fields?

    Thanks again.

    JCO