I need a %age increase formula that rounds up to the nearest $10

  1. #1
    Chopper_Haynes
    Guest

    I need a %age increase formula that rounds up to the nearest $10

    I need to increase some prices by 4.5% and want them to round up/down to the
    nearest $10. For example: $2750 * 4.5% = $2873.75. I know how to knock out
    the decimal point, but how can I make the formula round the price up/down to
    the nearest $10, in this case, $2870.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: I need a %age increase formula that rounds up to the nearest $10

    =MROUND(A1*(1+4.5%),10)

    MROUND is an Analysis Toolpak function. If it is not available:
    Tools>Add-ins, check Analysis Toolpak

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    Microsoft MVP - Excel

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Melinda
    Guest

    Re: I need a %age increase formula that rounds up to the nearest $10

    MRound will round up or down. It appears that they want to round up
    only. I'd suggest:
    =ceiling(A1*(1+4.5%),10)

    Ceiling rounds up to the nearest interval. There is a floor function
    that does the same thing only rounds down.

    Melinda

  4. #4
    Niek Otten
    Guest

    Re: I need a %age increase formula that rounds up to the nearest $10

    The OP wrote "round up/down"

    --
    Kind regards,

    Niek Otten

    Microsoft MVP - Excel

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Melinda
    Guest

    Re: I need a %age increase formula that rounds up to the nearest $10

    Ahh...yes, I see that now. Stupid Google groups not having the
    original post in the thread. I only saw your reply and misinterpreted
    what the OP was looking for.