insert two formulas one cell

  1. #1
    Daddys Girl
    Guest

    insert two formulas one cell

    I am creating a spreadsheet for my dad's check cashing business. I have three
    cells: "AMOUNT", "FEE", "CASHED".

    He charges an average of .012 or each check. so I enter the formula
    "=PRODUCT('AMOUNT*.012) into the "FEE" cell. then I calculated in the
    "CASHED" cell "=SUM('AMOUNT'-'FEE') for the total.

    Sometimes he doesn't stick to his .012 fee. He wants to be able to put in
    the actuall amount he cashed and come up with the fee. Can I not create a
    circular reference to the "FEE" cell and have a function that will also
    calculate the amount he charge? "FEE"=SUM('AMOUNT'-'CASHED')

    How do I do that?

  2. #2
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    Re: insert two formulas one cell

    I think I'd go with a 4th column: OVERRIDE

    So you'd have:
    A1: AMOUNT
    B1: FEE
    C1: CASHED
    D1: OVERRIDE

    A2: the face amount of the check
    B2: =IF(ISBLANK(D2),0.012*A2,A2-D2)
    C2: =IF(ISBLANK(D2),A2-B2,D2)
    D2: The amount of cash paid to the customer (if different from the amount
    calculated in Cell C2

    Copy the formulas in Cells B2 and C2 down as far as needed.

    Does that help?

    Regards,
    Ron

    news:[email protected]...