COUNTIF and multiple conditions

  1. #1
    Sami
    Guest

    COUNTIF and multiple conditions

    Here is a simplified explanation of what I am trying to do:

    I have created a table, where Column A contains some data, in Column B user
    selects a category (A, B, C,...) and in Column C user sets a priority (1, 2
    or 3).

    Now, I am trying to count how many rows we have, where something has been
    written in Column A, Column B has been set to A and Column C has been set to
    1.

    I have tried this as follows: COUNTIF(Column A; AND(Column B = A; Column C =
    1), but it doesn't work. Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: COUNTIF and multiple conditions

    Hi Sami

    One way
    =SUMPRODUCT(--($B$2:$B$100="A"),--($C$2:$C$100=1))

    Change ranges to suit.
    Regards

    Roger Govier