date ?

  1. #1
    Nospam
    Guest

    date ?

    Please can anyone offer help on how to conditionally format a column of
    cells, so that if a date is placed in a cell, ( when I made the visit) the
    cell will change colour after , say, 22 days from the date entered.( when I
    need to go again )

    I visit students and need to keep regular visits on roughly a 3 week
    interval and need reminders !!

    Does this make sense ?

    Bob

  2. #2
    Max
    Guest

    Re: date ?

    Assume dates are in col A, data from row2 down

    Select col A
    Click Format > Conditional Formatting
    Make the settings for condition 1 as:
    Formula is: =AND(TODAY()-A1>22,A1<>"")
    Click Format button > Patterns tab > Orange? > OK
    Click OK at the main dialog

    Test the triggering by entering a few dates in col A
    which are more than 22 days ago
    and a couple which are less than 22 days ago
    Those which are more should be accordingly colored
    --
    Rgds
    Max
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: date ?

    Hi!

    Assume the date is entered in cell A1

    Conditional Formatting
    Formula is: =AND(ISNUMBER(A1),TODAY()>=A1+22)
    Click the Format button and select the style(s) desired
    OK out

    Biff