sumproduct resulting in #N/A

  1. #1

    sumproduct resulting in #N/A

    guys and gals, little help.. I am working in a spreadsheet that has 22,000 records and I am trying to get a total for 3 different criteria. So I am using the sumproduct which looks like this:

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(status="I"),--(grade=O5),--(SA=N6))

    status being constant and grade and sa being my variables. It keeps returning a #N/A. my ranges are identically sized and formats should not matter. Would it have something to do with the fact that I am querying 22000 records. This is due by days end.. any help, would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks
    Schlep

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: sumproduct resulting in #N/A

    If your arrays are identically sized, I'd suspect that you have the #N/A
    error in one or more of the referenced cells that SUMPRODUCT() is
    passing through.

    In article <[email protected]>,
    schleppy2 <[email protected]>

  3. #3
    Bruno Campanini
    Guest

    Re: sumproduct resulting in #N/A

    "schleppy2" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...

    > guys and gals, little help.. I am working in a spreadsheet that has
    > 22,000 records and I am trying to get a total for 3 different criteria.
    > So I am using the sumproduct which looks like this:
    >
    > =SUMPRODUCT(--(status="I"),--(grade=O5),--(SA=N6))

    1 - You can't get SUMPRODUCT() writing its result
    in a place different from the cell it is written in.

    2 - You must have all parameters as Array

    I think you should write, being in SA (a single cell Named SA):
    =IF(AND(status="I",grade=O5),N6,"")

    Bruno