Find data in columns, then place in rows

  1. #1

    Find data in columns, then place in rows

    I'm stumped as to how to do this. I've tried several approaches but my Excel skills aren't quite there I guess.

    Here's what I'm trying to do...data is setup in columns Like below:

    A B
    EMP ID CUST ID
    001 AAA
    001 BBB
    001 CCC
    002 DDD
    003 EEE
    003 FFF
    004 GGG

    I'm trying to search the data for matches, and have it appear in rows like this:

    A B C D
    EMP ID
    001 AAA BBB CCC
    002 DDD
    003 EEE FFF
    004 GGG

    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

  2. #2
    Domenic
    Guest

    Re: Find data in columns, then place in rows

    Assumptions:

    A1:B8 contains your source data

    First row contains your headers/labels

    Column D, starting at D2, contains your list of unique 'Employee ID'
    numbers

    Formula:

    E2, copied across and down:

    =IF(COLUMNS($E2:E2)<=COUNTIF($A$2:$A$8,$D2),INDEX($B$2:$B$8,SMALL(IF($A$2
    :$A$8=$D2,ROW($B$2:$B$8)-ROW($B$2)+1),COLUMNS($E2:E2))),"")

    ....confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER, not just ENTER.

    Note that you can generate a unique list of 'Employee IDs' by using
    Advanced Filter and checking 'Unique records only'.

    Hope this helps!

    In article <[email protected]>,
    couriced <[email protected]>

  3. #3