3 values, show which ones are same

  1. #1
    Forum Contributor

    3 values, show which ones are same

    Help with this would be greatly appreciated ! thank you ! xx

    In cell B5, C5 & C6 I have 3 values which are all slightly different.
    What I want to be able to say is that if you round them all up by 1 deciimal place, are they all the same, and if not display a result:

    for example
    B5 = 1300.12
    C5 = 1300.1
    D5 = 1300.313

    The result will be, if all the same "all correct", if only B5 is correct then "B5 correct", if only C5 is correct then "C5 correct", if only D5 correct then "D5 correct". If B5 and C5 correct then "D5 different", if only B5 and D5 correct then "C5 different" and if C5 and D5 correct then "B5 different".

    Hope this is intelligible. Please let me know if you need further details.
    Thanks Amy xxx

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: 3 values, show which ones are same

    If they are not the same how would you know which is/are correct?

    Peo Sjoblom

    "AmyTaylor" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bruno Campanini
    Guest

    Re: 3 values, show which ones are same

    "AmyTaylor" <[email protected]> wrote
    in message news:[email protected]...

    > Help with this would be greatly appreciated ! thank you ! xx
    >
    > In cell B5, C5 & C6 I have 3 values which are all slightly different.
    > What I want to be able to say is that if you round them all up by 1
    > deciimal place, are they all the same, and if not display a result:
    >
    > for example
    > B5 = 1300.12
    > C5 = 1300.1
    > D5 = 1300.313
    >
    > The result will be, if all the same "all correct", if only B5 is
    > correct then "B5 correct", if only C5 is correct then "C5 correct", if
    > only D5 correct then "D5 correct". If B5 and C5 correct then "D5
    > different", if only B5 and D5 correct then "C5 different" and if C5 and
    > D5 correct then "B5 different".
    >
    > Hope this is intelligible. Please let me know if you need further
    > details.
    > Thanks Amy xxx

    =IF(ROUND(B5,1)=B5,ADDRESS(ROW(B5),
    COLUMN(B5),4)&" Correct",ADDRESS(ROW(B5),
    COLUMN(B5,4)&" Not Correct")

    Ciao
    Bruno

  4. #4
    Bruno Campanini
    Guest

    Re: 3 values, show which ones are same

    "Bruno Campanini" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:Opm9eqo%[email protected]...

    > =IF(ROUND(B5,1)=B5,ADDRESS(ROW(B5),
    > COLUMN(B5),4)&" Correct",ADDRESS(ROW(B5),
    > COLUMN(B5,4)&" Not Correct")
    >
    > Ciao
    > Bruno

    Sorry, I misundestood the question.

    Bruno

  5. #5
    TedMi
    Guest

    RE: 3 values, show which ones are same

    You need to specify the criteria for "correctness" - On what basis do you
    determine, in your example above, that "only" one is correct?
    --
    Ted