HOW TO SUBTRACT A YEAR+MONTH AND SHOW DIF IN MONTHS?

  1. #1
    noles fan
    Guest

    HOW TO SUBTRACT A YEAR+MONTH AND SHOW DIF IN MONTHS?

    I really need fast help on this one. Pretty good with formulas but this is
    kicking my butt. i will show an example of what i need. Thank you all ahead
    of time for the help.

    2005 09
    - 2004 10

    answer i need to show is 11.

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: HOW TO SUBTRACT A YEAR+MONTH AND SHOW DIF IN MONTHS?

    Hi

    Provided you are using true dates, then with 01/09/2005 in A1 and
    01/10/2004 in A2
    =DATEDIF(A2,A1,"ym")

    If you want to disply 2005 09 then even with date entered in A1 as
    01/09/2005 you can use
    Format>Cells>Number>Custom and set the format as yyyy mm

    Regards

    Roger Govier

  3. #3
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: HOW TO SUBTRACT A YEAR+MONTH AND SHOW DIF IN MONTHS?

    How are the dates entered in the cells? Are they true dates, or a one cell
    has the year and another has the month?

    news:[email protected]...