Plotting a binomial distribution formulae in excel?

  1. #1
    Knowledge001
    Guest

    Plotting a binomial distribution formulae in excel?

    Need assistance on how to plot this formulae in Excel.
    (N choose K)K^P(n-k)^(1-p)

  2. #2
    David Billigmeier
    Guest

    RE: Plotting a binomial distribution formulae in excel?

    What are you looking to use as your variable? n,k, or p?

    Dave

  3. #3
    Knowledge001
    Guest

    RE: Plotting a binomial distribution formulae in excel?

    Use a compter (excel) to plot the binomial distribution as a function of k
    for n=50, and p=0.7

  4. #4
    David Billigmeier
    Guest

    RE: Plotting a binomial distribution formulae in excel?

    By the way, you have the binomial distribution formula wrong, it's:
    (N choose K)(p^K)(1-p)^(n-k)

    But to answer your question, place this formula in A1 and drag down to row
    50, then select the range A1:A50 and graph:

    =COMBIN(50,ROW())*(0.7^ROW())*(0.3^(50-ROW()))

    Dave

  5. #5
    Knowledge001

  6. #6
    Mike Middleton
    Guest

    Re: Plotting a binomial distribution formulae in excel?

    Maybe you could use the BINOMDIST worksheet function to get values on a
    worksheet and then create a Column chart type.

    - Mike

    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    Knowledge001
    Guest

    RE: Plotting a binomial distribution formulae in excel?

    Thanks David, I was able to plot the graph. Do you Know of a book you
    recomend, to learn more about writing formulaes in excel