seperating days of week in a database

  1. #1
    chrisandfarah
    Guest

    seperating days of week in a database

    My database has columns headed with food sales, bar sales, net sales, etc..
    The rows are numbered by day of week, with the day of the week in the next
    column. Is it possible to determine the average for each type of sale for
    each day of the week. For example, what are my average food sales on fridays
    and wednesdays?

    I would like to do this without manually changing my formulas every month.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: seperating days of week in a database

    Yes, you can do this with a formula, but there is probably an easier
    alternative for you. Have you looked into Pivot tables?