Summing Columns-revolves around summing particular items

  1. #1
    savv32
    Guest

    Summing Columns-revolves around summing particular items

    My question revolves around summing particular items in a column based upon
    the number meeting 2 criteria. I have done this before with the sumif
    function for one criteria and am wondering how to do this using 2 criteria.

  2. #2
    bj
    Guest

    re: Summing Columns-revolves around summing particular items

    This is often done using the sumproduct() function
    =sumproduct(--(range1 = criteria 1),--(range2 = criteria 2))
    the arrays in each section must be the same size but tcannot be the
    shorthand for full columns. (A:A won't work)
    the "--()" changes the logical true false to a numeric 1 0 for calulations

  3. #3
    RagDyer
    Guest

    re: Summing Columns-revolves around summing particular items

    Depending on exactly what the situations are, you can add your Sumif()
    together, or Sum a Sumif() which contains an array constant of criteria, or
    use the Sumproduct function.

    What are you looking to accomplish?

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    JR
    Guest

    re: Summing Columns-revolves around summing particular items

    =SUMIF(E10:E15,E8,F10:F15)+SUMIF(E10:E15,F8,F10:F15)
    This will work. The only thing changed from the first sumif to the second
    is lookup value (E8 and F8)

  5. #5
    Ashish Mathur
    Guest

    re: Summing Columns-revolves around summing particular items

    Hi,

    You may use array formulas (Ctrl+Shift+Enter) to get around your problem.

    =sum(if((condition 1)*(condition 2), sum to range))

    Regards,

    Ashish Mathur