how to count the number of text frequencies and copy to other cell

  1. #1
    DG
    Guest

    how to count the number of text frequencies and copy to other cell

    I am trying to use the COUNTIF function to count the number of text
    frequencies on a line that match a "text phrase". then i am try to copy this
    formula to 200 cells below. When i reference to a cell such as "+a15", where
    cell +15 is the text that i want ot match against, the result is a blank
    cell. I understand that if the match is zero times a blank cell will be the
    result.

    But if i copy the data is cell A15 to the function of COUNTIF I get the
    correct result. Isn't there an easier to way to copy the function down
    several rows.

  2. #2
    RagDyer
    Guest

    Re: how to count the number of text frequencies and copy to other cell

    If I understand your question, does this help:

    =COUNTIF(B1:B100,$A$15)
    ?

    --
    HTH,