COUNTIF using Dates

  1. #1
    WLMPilot
    Guest

    COUNTIF using Dates

    I have created a spreadsheet that mirrors my paystubs, ie salary and
    deductions in column A and the dates of each payperiod listed B2:AA2. The
    dates are caluclated instead of physically being entered, ie since the
    payperiod is every two weeks, the first payday of the year is physically
    entered in B2, then payday after that is calculated by adding 14 to the
    previous cell.

    I have been using the COUNTIF function to look at the NET PAY row and count
    the number of cells that the NET PAY is >0 in order to determine the current
    payperiod. This works great if you have been working from the beginning of
    the year. However, if you start a job in the middle of the year, this
    formula does not work.

    Since the payperiods (dates in cells B2:AA2) were constant, I tried the
    following formula: =COUNTIF(B2:AA2,"<=TODAY()). I was hoping this would
    count the number of dates that were <= Today' date in order to track what pay
    period the company was in. Unfortunately, I could not get this to work, and
    if I read the HELP sheet on this, I don't think that "TODAY()" can be used as
    the criteria.

    Any help on this??

    Thanks,
    Les