Condtional Quartile statement

  1. #1
    Verizon news
    Guest

    Condtional Quartile statement

    Hi,
    I have a column with powers in it another column with light levels in it

    like:
    col A colB
    23 742
    23 674
    22 430
    22 231
    23 800
    20 100

    I want to get the first and second Quartile of all the data in the range for
    each of the powers. My spreadsheet is large, over 30,000 rows and the
    data is not organized well.

    How would I extract out quartile "1" of col B to output in Cell C1
    I only want the quartile for data in rows where Col A = 23w?

    thank you
    BillReese

  2. #2
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Condtional Quartile statement

    30000 rows sound like an awful lot for an array formula but here goes

    =QUARTILE(IF(A1:A8=23,B1:B8),1)

    entered with ctrl + shift & enter

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

  3. #3
    BillReese
    Guest

    Re: Condtional Quartile statement

    Thank you, I tried to do the same exact thing, but I was trying to put the
    "IF" on the outside of the quartile..

    now it works very, very good.

    Tom

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Peo Sjoblom
    Guest

    Re: Condtional Quartile statement

    Thanks for the feedback

    Peo Sjoblom

    (No private emails please)

    "BillReese" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Thank you, I tried to do the same exact thing, but I was trying to put the
    > "IF" on the outside of the quartile..
    >
    > now it works very, very good.
    >
    > Tom
    >

    > "Peo Sjoblom" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> 30000 rows sound like an awful lot for an array formula but here goes
    >>
    >> =QUARTILE(IF(A1:A8=23,B1:B8),1)
    >>
    >> entered with ctrl + shift & enter
    >>

    >> --
    >> Regards,
    >>
    >> Peo Sjoblom
    >>
    >> (No private emails please)
    >>

    >> "Verizon news" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    >>> Hi,
    >>> I have a column with powers in it another column with light levels in it
    >>>

    >>> like:
    >>> col A colB
    >>> 23 742
    >>> 23 674