Can I check if a date falls between a range then sum other # if tr

  1. #1
    clovins1
    Guest

    Can I check if a date falls between a range then sum other # if tr

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Can I check if a date falls between a range then sum other # if tr

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(A2:A20>=--"2005-10-01"),--(A2:A20<=--"2005-10-31"),B2:B20)

    Bob Phillips

    "clovins1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Can I check if a date falls between a range then sum other # if tr

    Since you ask in general terms, I guess an answer in general terms
    is okay. Yes.

    Suppose you have a low date in column A and a higher date in Column B
    and you want to know if the date in C falls on or between those dates.

    =IF(AND(A1=<C1,B1<=C1), SUM(D1:F1),0)

    Please include all parts of a question in the body, as you can see your
    question as incomplete as it was, was also truncated. Because you
    are so hung up on trying to keep the question small enough to fit in the
    subject it is indeterminate if you meean SUM or Some and
    if you mean number or numbers like in a range..

    I have a feeling that Bob Phillips understood your question and gave you
    the answer you want, but I think it is subject to interpretation.
    ---
    HTH,