Joining letters from different cells

  1. #1
    Lance
    Guest

    Joining letters from different cells

    Hi All,

    Is there a formula to join the following characters to create the
    example shown below.

    B2 C2 D2 (End Result)
    JORDAN MIKE JORDAN JORDAN M

    I'm getting close with the formula below, but can't work it out.
    =LEFT(C1,50)& MID(D1,FIND(" ",D3)+ 1,1)

    Thanks,

    cRIMSOn

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Joining letters from different cells

    One way:

    D2: =B2 & " " & LEFT(C2, 1)

  3. #3
    Lance
    Guest

    Re: Joining letters from different cells

    You are a Legand.. Thank you very much ; )

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Joining letters from different cells

    Incidentally in the US when placing the surname first we would
    normally place a comma and space after the surname, to show that
    the order is different.

    D2: =B2 & ", " & LEFT(C2, 1)

    "Lance" <[email protected]> wrote in reply to J.E. McGimpsey...