IF/COUNTIF

  1. #1
    Teri
    Guest

    IF/COUNTIF

    I'm not sure if this is a VLOOKUP or IF/COUNTIF. How can I count the number
    of occurrences of a value in column D that match column E and will put the
    values in the table as shown below? Any help would be deeply appreciated!

    No Response Very Dissatisfied
    < 6 months
    6 mos - 1 yr
    1-2 yrs
    3-5 yrs
    5+ yrs
    Not Indicated

  2. #2
    JS2004R6
    Guest

    RE: IF/COUNTIF

    Hi Teri,

    You can use a COUNTIF like below. Note: I added a formula to the Column F
    cells (=D1 & " " & E1). Copy that formula down as far as there are entries in
    Columns D/E.

    Hope it helps.

    Regards,
    James

    * Match items in Column A, No Response is Column B, Very Dissatisfied is
    Column C.

    No Response Very Dissatisfied
    Less than 6 mos =COUNTIF(F:F,(A2 & " " & $B$1)) =COUNTIF(F:F,(A2&" "&$C$1))
    6 mos - 1 yr =COUNTIF(F:F,(A3 & " " & $B$1)) =COUNTIF(F:F,(A3&" "&$C$1))
    1-2 yrs 1 =COUNTIF(F:F,(A4 & " " & $B$1)) =COUNTIF(F:F,(A4&" "&$C$1))

  3. #3
    R.VENKATARAMAN
    Guest

    Re: IF/COUNTIF

    Have I understood your problem
    suppose you mean whether values in a column equal to corresponding cell in
    thesecond column

    first column is A1:a8, second collumn is B1 to B8

    in an empty cell use this ARRAY formula

    =SUM(COUNTIF(A1:A8,B1:B8))
    hit control+shift+enter

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: IF/COUNTIF

    Can you be more specific on what you have in column D and E? Your question
    doesn't provide enough information.