Percentage of amounts and profits of individual sales

  1. #1
    lulubelleshell
    Guest

    Percentage of amounts and profits of individual sales

    How do I calculate a formula for the amount and profit of each sale in each
    row? Like, the amount is $109,692.00 and the profit is $3,713.00. How do I
    get the percentage for that individual cell?

    Thanks, seriously confused
    Shelley

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: Percentage of amounts and profits of individual sales

    One way:

    If you're looking for profit based on cost, then if the "amount" is in
    A1 and the profit is in A2, then the % profit is

    =A2/(A1-A2)

    formatted as a percentage.

    If instead you mean profit based on sale price, then use

    =A2/A1

    again formatted as a percentage.