highlight/unhighlight (or color/uncolor) cells containing a specific character

  1. #1
    markx
    Guest

    highlight/unhighlight (or color/uncolor) cells containing a specific character

    Hi guys,

    What is the best way to highlight (or even color) all the cells in a
    worksheet (or even in a workbook) containing a specific character? For
    exemple, I would like to make visually distinctive all the cells containing
    somewhere a "?" character (or "mmm" string, or "!" mark, or "=" sign).

    Are you aware of any special easy macro doing (and also undoing) this stuff?
    Or do you have idea how to write a special formula to put in "conditionnal
    formatting" part?

    Thanks a lot for your input,
    Mark

  2. #2
    Anirudh
    Guest

    RE: highlight/unhighlight (or color/uncolor) cells containing a specif

    Hi Markx,

    Pls try this

    select the workbook(s)

  3. #3
    markx
    Guest

    Re: highlight/unhighlight (or color/uncolor) cells containing a specif

    Hello,

    Sorry, but I believe your solution will only work if there are no other
    signs in the cell...
    (F. ex. it will find "?" in cell A1="?", but not in cell A2="bla?bla"). Do
    you see what I mean?

    Do you know the solution for the cells containing (AMONG OTHER SIGNS) a
    specific string or character?

    Thanks,
    Mark

    news:[email protected]...