PROPER function

  1. #1
    Danielle via OfficeKB.com
    Guest

    PROPER function

    I need to apply the PROPER function to an entire worksheet that has a few
    thousand cell entries. I have two problems in accomplishing this:
    First, I can't format more than one column- and I'm only able to that using
    the fill-handle. For some reason, trying to do this as a traditional
    function like this: =proper(cell:cell), is not working.
    Second, I end up with two sets of data- one formatted and one not. I need
    the function to be 'underneath' the data.
    Is there a way to write one function for the entire worksheet, and have it
    applied to the entire worksheet and not as a new set of data?

    Appreciate any help,

    Danielle

  2. #2
    Anne Troy
    Guest

    Re: PROPER function

    Hi, Danielle. You could insert a column, type =Proper(b2) (notice I did not
    use a range...it only works one cell at a time), and copy it down. Select
    all the cells with the new function in them. Copy. (don't move!)
    Edit-->Paste special, Values, OK. Then delete the original column.
    Alternatively, you can use a macro:
    ************
    Anne Troy
    www.OfficeArticles.com