Need info pulled from worksheet

  1. #1

    Need info pulled from worksheet

    I have a customer list on Sheet 1. I have a project List on Sheet 2. What I need to happen is this: I need for project list to pull information from sheet 1. On sheet 1 I have customer name and then customer number. On project list this information needs to pull over to this sheet by just entring the customer name. Is this possible? I am a newbie so need detailed instructions.

    Thank you,
    Wendy

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: Need info pulled from worksheet

    Wendy

    Sounds like VLOOKUP could do the trick.

    For more on that Function see Debra Dalgleish's site.

    http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

    Also see Debra's site for info on Data Validation lists with drop-down box for
    entering the customer names.

    Might be useful.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP