sum using multiple criteria across 2 worksheets

  1. #1
    sweett00th
    Guest

    sum using multiple criteria across 2 worksheets

    I have a document with 2 worksheets (Summary & All Info). I want to
    write a formula that can sum up a column only if it matches 2 criterias
    on the summary sheet.

    I have 2 criterias on the summary tab: cost center # and status
    On the All info tab it has a column for cost center #, status, and
    zeros and ones for each month to indicate if there is someone filling
    this position. I need to add the ones and zeros up for each month
    based on it matching the status and cost center #.

    Summary Tab:
    in cell A1
    Cost Center #
    in cell B1
    status

    these 2 need to both be true to sum it up on the All Info tab;

    All info tab:
    A1: cost center #
    B1: status
    C1: 1 or 0
    c2: 1 or 0
    c3: 1 or 0
    Column C would need to be added up.

    So A1 on the summary tab would need to match A1 on the All info tab
    plus B1 would match B1 - and only then woudl it add up All column C
    that matches.

    Help!

  2. #2
    Try the sumif function.

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: sum using multiple criteria across 2 worksheets

    =SUMPRODUCT(--(All!A!:A100=Summary!A1),--(All!B1:B100-Summary!B1),All!C1:C10
    0)

    RP

    news:[email protected]...