Date stamp spreadsheet in excel to remind me of completion date

  1. #1
    Big fella
    Guest

    Date stamp spreadsheet in excel to remind me of completion date

    is it possible to have a date stamp imbeded in a spreadsheet so that progress
    on any work can be prompted.
    Can the spreadsheet be linked to an electronic calendar so it send you an
    auto reminder to open that spreadsheet at a certain date & time.

  2. #2
    Vacation's Over
    Guest

    RE: Date stamp spreadsheet in excel to remind me of completion date

    generally speaking code needs to be open to run.

    a file cannot open itself

    That said, if you want to put a macro in Personal.XLA that checks the date
    and time and then selects files to open that can be accomplished.

    This will not run unless Excel is open.

    two ways to run this would be the personal.xla Open event to check each time
    you launch Excel

    or the "ontime" function that will check every ___ min or hours to see if
    something needs to be done.