Date Range -- Weekly

  1. #1
    Brad Payne
    Guest

    Date Range -- Weekly

    Cannot find a way to do this easily. But, is there a way through Excel a
    Date into a Week Number? For example 01/05/2005 would be considered Week 2
    or 01/15/2005 would be considered Week 3. I'm looking for a command or does
    Excel have a command do perform this type of task. Trying to pull Weeks into
    a Pivot Table. Right now individual dates are showing in the Pivot Table and
    really need Weeks.

    Look forward to your response and thanks in advance!
    Brad Payne

  2. #2
    Gary''s Student
    Guest

    RE: Date Range -- Weekly

    Hi Brad:

    Check out:

    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/weeknum.htm
    --
    Gary's Student

  3. #3
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Date Range -- Weekly

    Hi Brad

    The Pivot table will do the weeks for you.
    Double click on your data field>Group>choose Days and with the dropdown
    choose 7.

    Note, PT's will only group dates providing there are true date values in
    every cell within the range - it doesn't like blanks or text value dates.
    Ensure you are not picking up blank cells, by making your data range dynamic
    so it just goes to the last used row.

    Regards

    Roger Govier