3 different discounts help !

  1. #1

    3 different discounts help !

    i have 3 different discounts eg

    company x =40%
    company y =50%
    company z =60%

    if i put x in a cell it will take 40% of the price
    if i put z in the same cell it put 60% off

    i had a go with IF but i can only use 2 different x or y not all of them

    Andy Notton

  2. #2
    George Nicholson
    Guest

    Re: 3 different discounts help !

    Put your discounts in a separate table and use Vlookup to 'pull' the correct
    discount value.

    Hey, you *know* there will be more than 3 someday soon, and this way you
    only need to make an addition to the table.
    Not to mention that changing existing discount rates couldn't be simpler.

    HTH,
    --
    George Nicholson

    Remove 'Junk' from return address.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: 3 different discounts help !

    =IF(cell="x",40%,IF(cell="y",50%,IF(cell="z",60%,0)))

    clearly you need to incorporate within your formula.

    RP

    "tommytowbar" <[email protected]>
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Talking

    excellent work !

    thanks for that

    no more sleepless nights

  5. #5
    Random Poster

    wrote in news:[email protected]:

    > excellent work !
    >
    > thanks for that
    >
    > no more sleepless nights

    I'll echo George's previous comments. Maintaining the discounts in a
    separate table is the way to go.

    There are a few ways to get the needed discount from the table. I prefer
    INDEX & MATCH, VLOOKUP is also popular.

    -RP