conditional formating: dates

  1. #1
    steely
    Guest

    conditional formating: dates

    i want to change the colour of a row of data based on the dates.
    im making a mailbook, in column H i have received date, I reply date
    and in J actual date replied.
    what im trying to do is highlight mail not replied to within the limits
    of the reply date, but not if there is no date entered. im also trying
    to highlight if the actual reply date is before the received date.
    & im stuck somewhere in middle!
    can anyone offer me some advice?

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: conditional formating: dates

    Select all the rows in question, I will assume starting at row 2

    Menu Format>Conditional Formatting
    Change Condition 1 to Formula Is
    Add a formula of =$I2<$H2
    Click the Format button
    Select the Pattern Tab
    Select an appropriate highlighting colour
    OK

    Second condition

    Click Add
    Change Condition 2 to Formula Is
    Add a formula of =AND($J2<>"",$I2>$J2)
    Click the Format button
    Select the Pattern Tab
    Select an appropriate highlighting colour
    OK
    OK

    RP

    news:[email protected]...