How do I move certain Cell data from one worksheet to another?

  1. #1
    ryan r
    Guest

    How do I move certain Cell data from one worksheet to another?

    I have an excel file with two different worksheets. On the 2nd worksheet I
    have a Column labled "status," in which each cell has a dropbox with either
    Pre-qual, Active, or TD as choices. The other columns all have client data.
    Now, I need several cells of information from the row to move to certain
    cells in the 1st worksheet when the "Pre-Qual" choice is picked on the
    dropbox from the "Status" Column. Any help here would be appreciated

    -Thanks!
    -Ryan

  2. #2
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: How do I move certain Cell data from one worksheet to another?

    Hi Ryan........

    I'm afraid I would need a little more information to make any kind of
    specific suggestion. There are so many options toward something like you
    are taling about........ie:, linked cells, VLOOKUP formula, AutoFilter,
    Macros, etc.........and you don't mention what, if anything you want to have
    happen when the selection is other than "PreQual"......

    Please provide some more details and someone will be happy to
    help...........

    Vaya con Dios,
    Chuck, CABGx3

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    ryan r
    Guest

    Re: How do I move certain Cell data from one worksheet to another?

    Well thanks for lookin into it I dont want anything to happen if one of
    the other two choices is picked. I simply need data from maybe 5 or 6 of the
    12 cells in each row to be copied into the other worksheet. One of the cells
    is a number, but all others are text.

  4. #4
    CLR
    Guest

    Re: How do I move certain Cell data from one worksheet to another?

    How big is your Sheet 2 database?...........how many "PreQuals", might one
    be expected to encounter......how often is this exercize performed?......is
    the target area a single block, or is the data expected to populate various
    cells, (such as).........
    Are you just wishing to view this data or does it integrate into some kind
    of a report?..........

  5. #5
    ryan r
    Guest

    Re: How do I move certain Cell data from one worksheet to another?

    The 2nd sheet database is small at the moment, but will grow to hundreds of
    entries; Each containing basic client and loan information. On average, 6
    of 10 entries will go to Pre-Qual. Anywhere from 0 to 15 new clients will be
    added to the 2nd worksheet a day.

    The 2nd worksheet has 12 Columns of data, 5 of which need to be moved to the
    1st worksheet when pre-qual is assigned. These are Contact, company, Loan
    amount, loan type, and finally just a simple link of the text Pre-qual.
    These columns are not in any specific order and do not coincide with any
    particular order on the first worksheet. This data simply needs to be viewed
    and recorded for various marketing and organization purposes. If you have
    time, or are simply in a good mood to help, my email is [email protected] and
    I would be glad to send you the basic sheet so you can visually see what I am
    talking about. Again, thanks for your time.