cell reference

  1. #1
    jan
    Guest

    cell reference

    Result of a formula is in a format of cell reference (ex: c5) which i want to
    use in another formula. But the formula where I am using the cell reference
    is not treating the same as a cell reference. can anybody help me ?

  2. #2
    Joe Mac
    Guest

    RE: cell reference

    Play around with this...

    Place a cell reference in cell A1 - using your example place the text string
    c5 in cell A1... Now place a value in cell c5 - say you put the number 100
    in c5

    Now use the following formula in any other cell to pull the value of cell c5
    based upon the reference in cell A1...

    =VALUE(INDIRECT(A1,TRUE))

    --
    Thanks for your help -