Help with Time Sheet

  1. #1

    Help with Time Sheet

    Hi, My name is Chuck and I am trying to write a spreadsheet to be used as a daily timesheet.

    The way it is set is: c6 is Time In, d6 Time out for Lunch, e6 Time in from lunch and f6 is Time Out.

    The formula I am using for total time is (d6-c6)+(f6-e6)

    I need to round this to the 1/4 hour.

    Any help is appreciated.
    Chuck

  2. #2
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: Help with Time Sheet

    =ROUND(((D6-C6)+(F6-E6))*96,0)/4
    Times in Excel are just fractions of a day, so you'd normally multiply by 24
    to convert a time (or a time difference) to a number of hours. Multiply by
    another 4, round, and divide by 4 to get the nearest quarter-hour.
    HTH. --Bruce

  3. #3
    JRod
    Guest

    Re: Help with Time Sheet

    Suppose that the result is in D2. Try the formula:
    =INT(D2*1440/15+0.4999)/1440*15

    --
    JRod
    Microsoft MVP - Excel

    "CRobey4393" <[email protected]>
    escreveu na mensagem
    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    JRod
    Guest

    Re: Help with Time Sheet

    Another approach, brought By Norman Harker sometimes ago:
    =ROUND((D2)/"00:15:00";0)*"00:15:00"

    P.S.- don't forget, in both cases, to format the cell as Time hh:mm

    Regards

    --
    JRod
    Microsoft MVP - Excel

    "JRod" <[email protected]> escreveu na mensagem
    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Sandy Mann
    Guest

    Re: Help with Time Sheet

    "JRod" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > =INT(D2*1440/15+0.4999)/1440*15

    Seems like an awful lot of calculating, why not just:

    =ROUND(D2*96,0)/96

    --
    Regards

    Sandy
    [email protected]
    Replace@mailinator with @tiscali.co.uk

  6. #6
    JRod
    Guest

    Re: Help with Time Sheet

    Sandy,
    This is really another approach, ok!! But all of the solutions they seem
    that have the same problem: the rounding is made by deffect (I don't know if
    this is the right word...perhaps "down"?) I found another approach presented
    by Jon Peltier, that seems work better, because if it is, for instance
    17:02, goes to 17:15 and not to 17:00... The formula is: =CEILING(D2,D3)
    D2 is the result and D3 has the content: 0:15... In that case, the formula
    gets a rounded up value.

    Regards.
    --
    JRod
    Microsoft MVP - Excel

    "Sandy Mann" <[email protected]> escreveu na mensagem
    news:[email protected]...