Excel to COUNTIF if number greater than one but less than another

  1. #1
    Rooster8
    Guest

    Excel to COUNTIF if number greater than one but less than another

    I'm using COUNTIF for a column of 320 numbers that range from 1 to 35. I am
    trying to have 3 running totals. I'm having difficulty with the middle
    equation.

    The first 2 seem to be working -
    1. The number of instances where the entry is less than or equal to 3.
    =COUNTIF(J2:J320,"<=3")

    2. The number of instances where the entry is greater than 7.
    =COUNTIF(J2:J320,">7")

    I can't figure out the equation for greater than 3 but less than or equal to
    7.
    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Ken Wright
    Guest

    Re: Excel to COUNTIF if number greater than one but less than another

    =COUNTIF(J2:J320,">3")-COUNTIF(J2:J320,">7")

    --
    Regards
    Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Excel to COUNTIF if number greater than one but less than another

    =COUNT(J2:J320) -COUNTIF(J2:J320,"<=3")-COUNTIF(J2:J320,">7")

    RP