ISNUMBER and VLOOKUP Help Needed

  1. #1
    lrbest4x4xfar
    Guest

    ISNUMBER and VLOOKUP Help Needed

    I have two separate spreadsheets: one that contains production jobs
    scheduled for manufacturing (Job Order Reports and Press Capacity
    Planning.xls) and another spreadsheet that contains all raw material in
    inventory (Shipping and Receiving Data). I want to write a formula on the
    production jobs spreadsheet that essentially does the following: When you
    enter a part number in column D (each row contains separate scheduled jobs
    with the part number in column D, I want the formula to look in the shipping
    spreadsheet and find where the same part number is in column B or C or D
    (there are up to 3 part numbers that can use the material) and if there
    is a match, i want it to return the value on the same row in column G, H and
    I which is # of Matl, Weight and count respectively and place these values in
    the production spreadsheet in cell V, W and X on the same row as the part
    number the values are associated with.

    What this formula will do for me is when the production scheduler enters job
    information on a row in the production spreadsheet, the formula will
    automatically provide iinventory nformation associated with the part number
    entered from the inventory spreadsheet without the manager having to look in
    both spreadsheets and make the correlation.

    The following formula works but it doesn't look up parts in column C or D.
    It just looks it up in Column B (I have this formula in Column V, W, and X
    with slight changes that tell what column to return the value to):

    =IF(ISNUMBER(MATCH($D6,'[Shipping and Receiving Data.xls]Raw
    Material'!$B$2:$B$100,0)),VLOOKUP($D6,'[Shipping and Receiving Data.xls]Raw
    Material'!$B$2:$I$100,6,0),"0")

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: ISNUMBER and VLOOKUP Help Needed

    =IF(
    ISNUMBER(MATCH($D6,'[Shipping and Receiving Data.xls]Raw
    Material'!$B$2:$B$100,0)),
    VLOOKUP($D6,'[Shipping and Receiving Data.xls]Raw
    Material'!$B$2:$I$100,6,0),IF(
    ISNUMBER(MATCH($D6,'[Shipping and Receiving Data.xls]Raw
    Material'!$C$2:$C$100,0)),
    VLOOKUP($D6,'[Shipping and Receiving Data.xls]Raw
    Material'!$C$2:$I$100,5,0),IF(
    ISNUMBER(MATCH($D6,'[Shipping and Receiving Data.xls]Raw
    Material'!$D$2:$D$100,0)),
    VLOOKUP($D6,'[Shipping and Receiving Data.xls]Raw
    Material'!$D$2:$I$100,4,0),"0")))

    RP

    news:[email protected]...