find an average from a range, utilizing all data > 0

  1. #1
    Chase
    Guest

    find an average from a range, utilizing all data > 0

    I have a row of various #s and I would like to take the average of those
    numbers only if they are greater than 0, if they are less than or equal to 0
    I would like to omit them.

    How can create a formula to reflect this?

    Thanks,
    CT

  2. #2
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: find an average from a range, utilizing all data > 0

    Hi!

    Try one of these:

    =SUMIF(A1:G1,">0",A1:G1)/COUNTIF(A1:G1,">0")

    This one is an array and must be entered using the key combo of
    CTRL,SHIFT,ENTER:

    =AVERAGE(IF(A1:G1>0,A1:G1))

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ron Coderre
    Guest

    RE: find an average from a range, utilizing all data > 0

    Try something like this:
    =SUMIF(B1:H1,">0")/COUNTIF(B1:H1,">0")

    Does that help?

    Ron

  4. #4
    Biff
    Guest

    Re: find an average from a range, utilizing all data > 0

    Actually, the first formula can be written like:

    =SUMIF(A1:G1,">0")/COUNTIF(A1:G1,">0")

    Biff

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Ashish Mathur
    Guest

    RE: find an average from a range, utilizing all data > 0

    Hi,

    You may try the following array formula (Ctrl+Shift+Enter)

    =average(if((range>0),range))

    Regards,

    Ashish Mathur