Conditional formatting depending a range of cell

  1. #1
    Marisa
    Guest

    Conditional formatting depending a range of cell

    Dear all,
    I need to change the format of a cell if any cell within the range A1:A5 is
    non-blank or not empty. How can I do it?
    Thanks a lot,
    Marisa

  2. #2
    Roger Govier
    Guest

    Re: Conditional formatting depending a range of cell

    Hi Marissa

    One way
    Select the cell required>Format>Conditional Formatting>use drop down for
    Formula Is and type in white pane =COUNTA($A$1:$A$5)>0
    Choose Format required.

    Regards

    Roger Govier

  3. #3
    Marisa
    Guest

    Re: Conditional formatting depending a range of cell

    Thanks a lot!