import external data too many rows for one worksheet

  1. #1
    Margaret O'Connor
    Guest

    import external data too many rows for one worksheet

    I have tried to import the file into excel but the file is too big for one
    shet. My problem is not that i have too many columns but there is thousands
    of rows of data
    Help!

  2. #2
    Bruno Campanini
    Guest

    Re: import external data too many rows for one worksheet

    "Margaret O'Connor" <Margaret O'[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...
    >I have tried to import the file into excel but the file is too big for one
    > shet. My problem is not that i have too many columns but there is
    > thousands
    > of rows of data
    > Help!

    You want to import data, where from? Which way?

    Bruno

  3. #3
    Duke Carey
    Guest

    RE: import external data too many rows for one worksheet

    Suggestion #1 -
    If you have Microsoft Access, import the data into that program instead.
    You can run simple queries from Access to extract subsets of data that WILL
    fit on a single worksheet tab

    Suggestion #2 -
    Open the file in Notepad. Copy half the data (or one-third of the data) and
    paste it into a new Notepad window and save that as a new file. Repeat the
    process until you've created new, smaller files, each of which will fit on a
    single wrksheet tab

    Suggestion #3 -
    Do a Google search for VBA solutions that handle importing large text files
    into multiple worksheet tabs