How do I connect 2 Excel Sheets to give auto answer on the 3rd

  1. #1
    Maca
    Guest

    How do I connect 2 Excel Sheets to give auto answer on the 3rd

    What do I do to connect an income sheet and an expense sheet to a third sheet
    automaticly give a running balance

  2. #2
    bpeltzer
    Guest

    RE: How do I connect 2 Excel Sheets to give auto answer on the 3rd

    If you just need the current balance, you could just do something like
    =sum(income!C:C)-sum(expense!C:C), where income and expense are the worksheet
    names and C is the column in which each amount is posted.
    If you want to have the history of the balance at each day's end, you'll
    probably change the SUM functions to SUMIFs, comparing the date on the
    summary sheet to the dates on the income and expense sheets, getting each
    day's change and adding it to the prior day's balance.
    --Bruce