How do I auto fit when the cells are merged together?

  1. #1
    Christa
    Guest

    How do I auto fit when the cells are merged together?

    I can get the test to wrap around and the cell adjust to size when working
    with a single cell but not when the cells are merged together - how to you
    get merged cells to auto fit when the text in the merged cell wraps around to
    the next line?

  2. #2
    Gord Dibben
    Guest

    Re: How do I auto fit when the cells are merged together?

    Christa

    Excel has a problem auto-fitting merged cells.

    You can resize manually or via Macro. Jim Rech has written
    code for this.

    http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...%40tkmsftngp05

    Also revised code for special cases.

    http://snipurl.com/dfsm

    The best cure is DON"T USE MERGED CELLS. They cause no end of problems with
    copying, pasting, sorting, filtering.

    Gord Dibben Excel MVP