multiple hits in random sequences

  1. #1
    bill gras
    Guest

    multiple hits in random sequences

    Hi

    I have in column "B" formulas with the results of " 1 Cotton " , " 2 Blue " ,
    "3 British " and some rows have #VALUE! The number of rows in Column "B"
    are in mutiple random sequences . " 1 Cotton " , " 2 Blue " , "3 British "
    are allways on the first row of a sequence. I can not seperate the number
    from the word
    (1 Cotton) it is the result of a function . In column "AW" I need multiple
    hits of column
    "B" eg:-

    B AW
    1 Cotton 1 Cotton
    #VALUE! 1 Cotton
    #VALUE! 1 Cotton
    #VALUE! 1 Cotton
    #VALUE! 1 Cotton
    #VALUE! 1 Cotton
    #VALUE! 1 Cotton
    #VALUE! 1 Cotton
    #VALUE! 1 Cotton
    #VALUE! 1 Cotton
    2 Blue 2 Blue
    #VALUE! 2 Blue
    #VALUE! 2 Blue
    #VALUE! 2 Blue
    #VALUE! 2 Blue
    3 British 3 British
    #VALUE! 3 British
    #VALUE! 3 British
    #VALUE! 3 British
    #VALUE! 3 British
    #VALUE! 3 British
    #VALUE! 3 British
    down to 3000 rows

    Can any one help please ?

    regards bill
    --
    bill gras

  2. #2
    Roland
    Guest

    RE: multiple hits in random sequences

    Assuming you have headings in row 1 and data below that,

    in cell AW2 try the formula =if(iserror(b2),aw1,b2).

    Then copy the formula down column AW.

  3. #3
    bill gras
    Guest

    RE: multiple hits in random sequences

    Hi Roland
    Thank you for your reply it is just wat I was looking for , it's perfect!
    Thanks

    bill
    --
    bill gras