Average given criteria, HELP!

  1. #1
    Nebbez
    Guest

    Average given criteria, HELP!

    Hi,

    I am trying create a spreadsheet that will become a draft that I will
    use on a daily basis. Ive been trying for hours...

    I would use this draft spreadsheet to copy pate a list of numbers and
    have 4 averages computed given 4 criterias

    My criterias are quartiles: Bottom 25%, the next 25%, the next 25%, and
    the top 25%

    And I would like the average of the numbers I will paste given these
    criterias.

    What I did is compute the quartiles using the formula, then I tried to
    use the =sum.if formula and the =count.if to compute my average

    The problem is, excel will not let me input a criteria in this format:
    "<H3" (H3 is where my lowest quartile is). Rather excel will only let
    me use this format for my criterias: "<30"... Which means I will
    manually type the formulas everytime I get my quartiles computed..

    Im not sure if I was clear... Any tips?

    --
    Nebbez

  2. #2
    B. R.Ramachandran
    Guest

    RE: Average given criteria, HELP!

    Hi,

    The format should be "<"&H3 (not "<H3") in the SUMIF and COUNTIF formulas.

    Regards,
    B. R. Ramachandran