don't allow users to assign the cntrl+s as a short cut for macro

  1. #1
    Sreenath
    Guest

    don't allow users to assign the cntrl+s as a short cut for macro

    Hi
    allowing users to have thier macro short cuts such as cntrl+s or cntrl+b is
    not a good idea. as these are the frequent functions users will be using.If
    the user is forgotten or not aware of the macro that exist in that excel
    sheet may be mistakanly trapped and will spoil his data by using the macro
    instead of the reugular functions of saving the file or changinf the font.
    I was not able to find out the help topics how to revert the macro if
    happens to be executed.
    If I am wrong in bringing up , please correct me.
    Thanks
    [email protected]

    click "I Agree" in the message pane.

    http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...heet.functions

  2. #2
    JE McGimpsey
    Guest

    Re: don't allow users to assign the cntrl+s as a short cut for macro

    You're not wrong in bringing it up, but I wouldn't like this change - I
    like the ability to intercept the CTRL-s keystroke to run a macro that,
    perhaps, does some error checking before saving the file.