Closed Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Hyperlink Formula to call up browser

  1. #1
    Bob Smith
    Guest

    Hyperlink Formula to call up browser

    I have a number of different regional account workbooks. In each, a
    worksheet with company names, addresses, etc, and account numbers.Account
    numbers are in column J.

    I would like to access each company on the company server without creating
    individual hyperlinks for each company. Anyway to create and copy a
    hyperlink to refer to the account number in the J column cells. The
    hyperlink is http://www.JJJ.com/KKK/LLL/acct.asp?id= (I've spoofed the
    url) where the account number would be the number listed in cell and follow
    the = sign.

    Any easy way to do this?

    Thanks for any advice.

    Regards, Bob

  2. #2
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: Hyperlink Formula to call up browser

    Try something like this

    =HYPERLINK("http://www.JJJ.com/KKK/LLL/acct.asp?id="&J1)

    =hyperlink("http"Bob Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Smith
    Guest

    Re: Hyperlink Formula to call up browser

    Thanks for the timely reply Barb. The formula works, but now the acct number
    shown in that cell shows up as a hyperlinked 0. Anyway to have it still show
    the account number?

    Bob

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Barb Reinhardt
    Guest

    Re: Hyperlink Formula to call up browser

    The account number shown in what cell?

    This sounds like you are referencing a value in your hyperlink that has a
    zero in the cell.

    Tell me where you have the "hyperlink" formula and where the Account number
    is displayed.

    Also show the exact hyperlink formula (you can sanitize it if necessary) but
    keep the cell references the same

    "Bob Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Thanks for the timely reply Barb. The formula works, but now the acct
    > number shown in that cell shows up as a hyperlinked 0. Anyway to have it
    > still show the account number?
    >
    > Bob
    >

    > "Barb Reinhardt" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    >> Try something like this
    >>
    >> =HYPERLINK("http://www.JJJ.com/KKK/LLL/acct.asp?id="&J1)
    >>
    >> =hyperlink("http"Bob Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in
    >> message news:[email protected]...
    >>>I have a number of different regional account workbooks. In each, a
    >>>worksheet with company names, addresses, etc, and account numbers.Account
    >>>numbers are in column J.
    >>>
    >>> I would like to access each company on the company server without
    >>> creating individual hyperlinks for each company. Anyway to create and
    >>> copy a hyperlink to refer to the account number in the J column cells.
    >>> The hyperlink is http://www.JJJ.com/KKK/LLL/acct.asp?id= (I've spoofed
    >>> the url) where the account number would be the number listed in cell and
    >>> follow the = sign.
    >>>
    >>> Any easy way to do this?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for any advice.
    >>>
    >>> Regards, Bob