The PMT function should work just fine, with a couple of caveats. Assuming
you've set the number of payments (NPER) to the number of months, you need to
adjust your interest rate accordingly (eg: not 6%, but 6%/12). You'll also
want to put a minus sign on the PV argument. Ex: a 30 year loan at 6.5% for
$145000: =PMT(6.5%/12,360,-145000). If you can't get the function to behave
as you expect, post the terms and the formula you're using. (Also, remember
that your total payment will probably include taxes and insurance, which
won't be captured in this formula).
--Bruce