Excel Holiday Roster Calender

  1. #1

    Excel Holiday Roster Calender

    My boss wants a visual representation of what staff have booked annual leave over the Xmas / New Year period. He is saying that he would like a calender type view that has what amounts to a bar chart type representation of what days in say December each staff member is going to be off on annual leave.

    I have all the details of the start and end dates of staff's annual leave already in excel but need to find a way to convert this into either a bar chart or just an excel grid that has use some conditional formatting to shade the annual leave days

    Does anyone have any suggestions ?

    Many thanks in advance

    KP

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Excel Holiday Roster Calender

    Just put the dates across the top row, names in the first column. Where
    someone is off, insert an X then select all the cells and use conditional
    formatting with an Equal test against X, and click Format, Pattern tab, and
    set to a visible colour

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Thanks

    Thanks Bob, I was after something a little more automated but you got me thinking along the right track, and with a few vlookups to populate the fields with X's and some conditional formatting I got my grid

    Thanks for the insperation

    KP