Hour Sum

  1. #1

    Hour Sum

    Hello,

    How is it possible to make a sum of hours?
    I just the format 09:45 and wanted to sum several cells. The result is, that after 24 hours the sum starts at 0 again.
    Which kind of formula could I use for the sum of hours?

    Thanks a lot
    Vicky

  2. #2
    Bernard Liengme
    Guest

    Re: Hour Sum

    Format the cell with [h]:ss
    The square brackets prevent mod 24 arithmetic
    best wishes
    --
    Bernard V Liengme
    www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

    "Vic1978" <[email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Ron Rosenfeld
    Guest

    Re: Hour Sum

    On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:18:38 -0600, Vic1978
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >How is it possible to make a sum of hours?
    >I just the format 09:45 and wanted to sum several cells. The result is,
    >that after 24 hours the sum starts at 0 again.
    >Which kind of formula could I use for the sum of hours?
    >
    >Thanks a lot
    >Vicky

    Same formula. But to keep the hours display from "rolling over" at 24, format
    the cell where you have your SUM formula as [h]:mm The brackets keep the 24 hr
    hour rollover from occurring.

    --ron