how to perform a deduplication of names on large mailing list

  1. #1
    IT Assistant
    Guest

    how to perform a deduplication of names on large mailing list

    I have a list of over 8000 names and addresses and other information, and I
    need to eliminate duplicates, it there a eaiser way to do this action verses
    manual?

  2. #2
    William Horton
    Guest

    RE: how to perform a deduplication of names on large mailing list

    You could use Excel's advanced filter functionality. Click a cell in the
    list and then follow the Excel menu path Data / Filter / Advanced Filter.
    Then click the unique records only box and click OK (you can adjust other
    criteria if you like). This should give you only unique / non duplicate
    entries in your list range.

    You can also check out Chuck Pearson's site on duplicates.
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

    Hope this helps.

    Bill Horton