todayif??

  1. #1
    TimM
    Guest

    todayif??

    Hello,
    Hopefully this makes sense to some one. What I need is two things first:
    I need cell A2 to display today’s date if a 1, 2, or 3 is typed into E2 and
    have that happen all the way down the sheet so as I enter data it fills the
    date in for me.

    Next I have a box that counts but I wanted it to count day by day. So today
    it will count every '1' entered into column F. I'm not even sure it's
    possible to count on those two variables combined.

    If any of this is confusing I can clairfy a bit more if needed.
    --
    Thanks for any help that can be provided.
    TimM

  2. #2
    tiah
    Guest

    Re: todayif??

    Hello

    you want to type 1 2 or 3 in a column and just besides, have the date
    appears.

    one thing that is most simple : type CTRL ;
    you'll get today's date instantly.

    cause i think what you want to do will need a macro...

    tiah.

  3. #3
    Ragdyer
    Guest

    Re: todayif??

    Try this for your first question:

    =IF(OR(E2={1,2,3}),TODAY(),"")

    Enter in A2, and copy down as needed.

    Re-phrase your second question.
    --
    HTH,

    RD

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    TimM
    Guest

    Re: todayif??

    Ok here goes. This is how I have the counting side of it set up, it's almost
    like a report of how i'm doing.

    Call Type
    1 2 3 0
    First Level Ticket MP7 Nothing
    Resolve Created Ticket Done

    Amount of each type Date
    16 23 3 1 14-Nov
    15-Nov
    16-Nov
    17-Nov
    And what I want is it to count each type when I enter them into column F but
    i want it to count by the date so when i have 50 different lines all for say
    11-14-05 it will cout the 1 and 2 and 3 and 0 for that specfic date then on
    11-15-05 it will count all thie lines for that date. Hope this clairify's
    --
    Thanks
    TimM

  5. #5