Matching data from seperate excel files

  1. #1
    Stephen H
    Guest

    Matching data from seperate excel files

    I need to match data from 2 seperate excel spreadsheets.
    Where the same data (ie a reference number) appears in the 2 spreadsheets, I
    want the reference number and other data such as invoice number and date to
    be pasted to the first file in the same row as where the reference number
    appears in the first file.

  2. #2
    Arvi Laanemets
    Guest

    Re: Matching data from seperate excel files

    Hi

    Something like
    ='C:\My Documents\My Excel Files\[My Source Workbook.xls]SourceSheet'!A2
    or
    =IF('C:\My Documents\My Excel Files\[My Source
    Workbook.xls]SourceSheet'!A2="","",'C:\My Documents\My Excel Files\[My
    Source Workbook.xls]SourceSheet'!A2)

    --
    Arvi Laanemets
    ( My real mail address: arvil<at>tarkon.ee )

    news:[email protected]...