Alternate Menu Shortcut

  1. #1
    Steven
    Guest

    Alternate Menu Shortcut

    When I right click my mouse I get a long menu list on a popup which shows
    next to the the current active cell. There are too many items on this popup.
    Is there a way a can make it so only the Copy and Paste show up on this list.

    Thank you for your help.

    Steven

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Alternate Menu Shortcut

    Yes this is possible

    You can run this macro (not possible manual)

    Sub Change_Cell_Menu()
    Dim IDnum As Variant
    Dim N As Integer
    Dim Ctl As CommandBarControl

    'Set Enabled to False for all the controls
    For Each Ctl In CommandBars("Cell").Controls
    On Error Resume Next
    Ctl.Enabled = False
    On Error GoTo 0
    Next Ctl

    'Now set Enabled to True for the controls you want
    IDnum = Array("22", "19")
    For N = LBound(IDnum) To UBound(IDnum)
    On Error Resume Next
    Application.CommandBars("Cell").FindControl(ID:=IDnum(N), _
    Recursive:=True).Enabled = True
    On Error GoTo 0
    Next N
    End Sub

    Sub All_Cell_Menu_Controls_Enabled_True()
    'Set Enabled to True for all the controls in the Cell menu
    Dim Ctl As CommandBarControl
    For Each Ctl In CommandBars("Cell").Controls
    On Error Resume Next
    Ctl.Enabled = True
    On Error GoTo 0
    Next Ctl
    End Sub

    See also
    http://www.rondebruin.com/menuid.htm

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    Steven
    Guest

    Re: Alternate Menu Shortcut

    Ron,

    This is really nice. I also included a Ctl.Visible = False which caused no
    items to appear in the menu. What do I do so I see only the Copy and Paste
    commands in the menu.

    Thank you,

    Steven

  4. #4
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: Alternate Menu Shortcut

    Use this then

    Sub Change_Cell_Menu()
    Dim IDnum As Variant
    Dim N As Integer
    Dim Ctl As CommandBarControl

    'Set Enabled to False for all the controls
    For Each Ctl In CommandBars("Cell").Controls
    On Error Resume Next
    Ctl.Visible = False
    On Error GoTo 0
    Next Ctl

    'Now set Enabled to True for the controls you want
    IDnum = Array("22", "19")
    For N = LBound(IDnum) To UBound(IDnum)
    On Error Resume Next
    Application.CommandBars("Cell").FindControl(ID:=IDnum(N), _
    Recursive:=True).Visible = True
    On Error GoTo 0
    Next N
    End Sub

    Sub All_Cell_Menu_Controls_Visible _True()
    'Set Enabled to True for all the controls in the Cell menu
    Dim Ctl As CommandBarControl
    For Each Ctl In CommandBars("Cell").Controls
    On Error Resume Next
    Ctl.Visible = True
    On Error GoTo 0
    Next Ctl

  5. #5
    Steven
    Guest

    Re: Alternate Menu Shortcut

    Ron,

    I figured it out looking at your website. I dont understand it but it works
    and it is very helpful.

    Thanks a bunch.

    Steven